Monday, March 4, 2013

REALM OF LIES

photo from http://justspokenthoughts.files.wordpress.com





would you ever lie to me?
that's the question that she asked me
the answer that i gave
was the first lie that i ever told her
because i knew
that even if we were to grow old together
when the exuberence of youth
was to be sucked out of us
and her face was to be contoured with wrinkles
when all her body would become floppy like chewed bubblegum
I would still tell her
that she is the most beautiful thing in the world
I'm just an ordinary man
with a mind that spins like a fan
I'm far from perfect
so I'm bound to blander
In a realm of deceit I'll always wander

but lies are like thunder
they may come with terror
so when my faint heart embraces
actions that to her will cause pain,
I will honestly lie
and that's no lie
Real love is like the sun
when it sets in the west
it never promises to rise again from the east
but even on cloudy and foggy days
you can feel its presence
so for all the lies that i told
and the ones untold
all i can wish is that they never unfold

No! never ever, my love
as i held her
that's the first lie that i told her
there are pious intentions in lies
especially the ones i tell her
It's true
pain is temporary
but i'd rather suffer
from the guilt of my lies for eternity
than spend a minute looking into her eyes
filled with temporary pain
see all i can hope is that she sees
that even if my lies go deep like the seas
or wide like the horizon
I incur all the misery
because guilt eats you up more than pain
inside i die slowly
but the wall of happiness that my lies build around her
is my remedy

I will never lie to you again!
that's the last lie that i told her
but heaven knows it's not the last
so every night she kisses goodnight
the lips that lie to her
then rests her head on my chest
and sleeps to the calm beat
of a heart that lives
for her bliss
and that's the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment