Saturday, January 12, 2013

MY HEART


Dedicated to all the mothers who lost parts of their heart(their little babies) in the war-torn areas across the globe.

Photo from www.dailymail.co.uk


There is a town across the horizon
Where my heart used to live
Left in a smouldering and lifeless state
A fog of no hope lingering above it to the heavens
The wind of gloom blows across it
Hell flows below its feet
There is no life here
Only traces of what used to be

There is a wooden bed
Where my heart and I once laid
It used to smell of fresh fruit and flowers
Now the bliss is no longer ours
Hours pass slowly like decades
Happiness blown away like dandelions by the wind
There is no rest in this bed
Just the rest of the pain and strain

There is an endless garden
Where my heart used to play
Left in a trench of perpetual decay
Birds used to sing here
Now they only cry from near
Whispering empty melodies of hopeful nothings
There is nothing here
But a valley of darkness and fear

There is a small wooden cradle
Where my heart used to wiggle and giggle
There was the light of God on the face of my heart
A tender glimpse of heaven
Until the day that bomb visited
Carrying my heart out of its cradle with heat
Now there is death here
And sad promises of more

So I spread my gaze
Where my heart used to live
I let my dreams go
Where my heart used to sleep
I let light from the cradle of my heart blaze my trail
I plant seeds of hope
Where my heart used to play, run and hop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment